Monday, December 27, 2010

I'm dreaming of white Christmas...

Merry (belated) Christmas everyone! i hope you all had a lovely time with your family and friends :) i know did!
This year, I had my first white christmas in the mountains of Mammoth, CA, where my family and i went snowboarding!  the terrible constant rain in cali led to 10-15 feet of gorgeous, powdery snow that covered the the mountainside and (thankfully) made for super soft landings and pretty pictures :D







views from our condo/the lift  It's so gorgeous! :)


so, never having gone snowboarding or even played in snow before, this little vacation was three days of firsts and lots of pain T_T i hate the cold and my uncle is a stickler for safety so i wore layers of undershirts/thermals/tees + hoodie + snow jacket + leggings/snow pants + wool/cotton socks + gloves + helmet + goggles + neck gaiter + wristguards (i highly recommend)...i was just like a giant puffy ball of warmth ^_^ almost too much so lol


i'm the one in yellow!  You guys are too cute!



I can summarize each day in just several words - Day 1: exhausting, Day 2: painful and Day 3: fun XD
Overall, snowboarding is just tough! especially for someone as unathletic as i am lol it requires you to really focus on your balance and you use sets of muscles that you don't usually (or in my case, ever) employ.  Lessons on the first day were soooo frustrating because we worked on gliding, heel edge and j-turns i.e. STOPPING lol oh it just hurt, mostly because to stop, i just fell -- faceplants, on my knees, on my arms,on my chest, on my tailbone T_T but it really does get better with practice :) last day on the slopes, i managed to get down the slopes in record time (1.5 hours to 20 min) and could count the number of times i fell on my hands lol 


the lodge

on the slopes


i was really tired...

me and ellie's winter serenade



 end of the day :)

once i stop hurting, i really want to go again :) and once i'm good, i really want pretty gear LOL  
I'm glad you had fun, even though it was painful ^ ^;
happy holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment