Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Thanksgiving Desserts :D

So for Thanksgiving, I baked a bunch of stuff :3  Thanks to Tiffy's tips on food picture taking from before, I have a billion (bad) pictures on my camera that would be better if the lighting in my kitchen were better XD  But anyways, here you go~

Dessert #1: Pumpkin Maple Pie
The first thing I baked was a pumpkin maple syrup pie, but the pictures didn't turn out well at all :(  So I'll show you the one they had on the recipe website, skip that, and just post the others XP



Dessert #2: Raspberry chocolate tarts~
My ingredients :3  My kitchen was super messy XD

 Fresh raspberries, raspberry jam, cream cheese, and semisweet chocolate :3

Tart shells, with hand-ground almonds pressed into the bottom.

Chocolate + cream cheese as a base. 

Fresh raspberries on top~

Warmed raspberry jam to hold everything together. 

Drizzle some melted chocolate~ 

 And lastly, sliced almonds as a pretty decoration :3  Om nom nom.


Dessert #3: Pumpkin Cheesecake
For Thanksgiving dinner, I made a double-layer pumpkin cheesecake.  I used cinnamon graham crackers for the crust and sprinkled walnut bits over the bottom crust.  Then there was a layer of regular cheesecake, then a layer with pumpkin and spices, and then some walnuts as decorations around the outside.



Dessert #4: Pineapple Bread Pudding
I also made bread pudding for the first time.  The special touch was canned pineapple mixed in, and I used oatnut bread (with hazelnuts and oats) instead of white bread, because my mom likes the nutty bread.  I think it turned out a little drier than restaurant bread pudding, but people seemed to like it :)  I also sprinkled walnuts on top.


wahhhhh everything looks so good!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment