Monday, May 31, 2010

Revenge of the Penguins?!

hello everyone :) i'm back from florida and ready to spam my costume for A-Kon 21 :P

A-Kon is the oldest running anime convention in the US...at least that's what they say on their site haha check it out! http://a-kon.com/ i've wanted to cosplay for the longest time, but never found anyone to go to A-Kon with me again, never mind dressing up. when i went to A-Kon for the first time, i went with my parents -_- slightly mortifying with all the boys in dresses and scandalous outfits around....

anyways, I'm really excited to be able to dress up this time with Christine, Wei, Daniel, Ran, Scott, Faruk as characters from the fighting game Blazblue! Don't remember how exactly this came about, but we've been planning for this event for a very long time lol We chose Blazblue for the diverse cast of characters and interesting costumes.

I'm going to be Noel Vermillion, blonde-haired NOL lieutenant with dual wielding guns :)

and Christine is Rachel Alucard, a gothic lolita vampire with a long hair and a cat-shaped umbrella hehe

cute huh? Christine's costume looks awesome :) I'm really excited to see it be completed! and mine's well...it's getting there haha i definitely was ambitious on my first cosplay but i hope i can get at least my costume done before the convention on June 4th-6th...got some hemming, boot covers and tie to finish. My weapons are a whole other story...

Tiffy's costume looks really good so far ^ ^ There will be no umbrella or fuzzy red thing in my cosplay though XD My excuse is that I got bored of them and... well, you know what vampires do :3 I'd also say that this was ambitious for a cosplay for me QQ~

Keep reading over the next couple of days! There will definitely be updates on our costume progress, frustrations and pictures as A-Kon gets closer!

By the way, why is this called revenge of the penguins?

lol to confuse everyone....for some reason, it's A-Kon's theme this year and i'm not sure what it means

2 comments: