Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Cosplay Central = Sweatshop-ing it up

Hi everyone~ I have a full house today. Tiffy, Jordan, and Daniel all came in for A-Kon and are staying at my house. We've been costuming (at least, Tiffy and I have -- Jordan and Daniel are playing chess even though neither of them know how to play that well, and Daniel ought to be working on his wig/costume) XD

Countdown to A-Kon: T-minus 24 hours
Costume progress: Christine 95% (minus plush and umbrella)
Tiffany 85% (metal pieces, streamers and wig)
I think everyone else is going summer style :P in truth, never realized all the work that goes into cosplay....it's very very tedious

We just made a late-night trip to Wal-mart after eating dinner that my mom made. It was a really awkward dinner actually, because it was family-style around the table. That was the first time I ate family-style with them, and while I was getting drinks and stuff, they just sat there silently without eating (which was really weird for me >__<). And then when I sat down and we started eating, we were pretty quiet for the first few minutes -- so I started laughing a lot... >__<;;; But it got better after a while. Daniel started talking about Dancing with the Stars, and the conversation somehow moved to Karate Kid, Three Ninjas, Power Rangers, and then Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (though I was pretty clueless during all of this XD~~)

Some random conversations throughout the night...

During dinner
Christine: (to Jordan) Eat faster~
Daniel: He's enjoying his food. (pauses and turns to Jordan, then in a menacing tone) Enjoy it faster!

"Playing chess" #1
Daniel: If you move that queen, I can eat you.
Tiffy: ...Eat? Is that a valid term?
Christine: Yep.
Jordan: I've heard it used before.
Daniel: I guess taken out of context, it sounds pretty bad. If you make that move, I can EAT YOU.

"Playing chess" #2
Daniel: Why are you so good?
Jordan: I don't really know what I'm doing.
Daniel: I don't really know what I'm doing, either.
Tiffy: If you both don't know what you're doing, then obviously you'll both think the other person is good.
Jordan: This game will probably just end up in a draw.
Daniel: Where there's only the kings left?
Jordan: Yes, that's a draw.
Christine: Well you two could just circle each other until one person makes a mistake.
Jordan: In a king versus king game? No.
Daniel: You could just get one person into a corner.
Tiffy: You guys should just do a king versus king game. I would like to see that.
Jordan: ...Daniel, do you want to sleep tonight?

lol :D well with A-Kon coming up, it's understandable that our sleep deprivation would lead to some strange situations...all that besides, i really do want to see daniel and jordan have a king versus king game :P

I think it's time for us to sleep now... and prepare for another day of cosplaying~ =w=

oyasumi nasai :)


1 comment: