Sunday, June 27, 2010

Cali Day 2 and 3: Huntington, Bonaventure and a Birthday Bash

Today... mostly relaxing day.  We left for Tiffy's uncle house mid-morning, and there watched the World Cup for a while until the U.S. lost against Ghana.  After Tiffy and I went with Tiffy's uncle to pick a cake and pick up photos for her grandmother's birthday party tomorrow, we headed for Huntington beach with most of Tiffy's relatives~

There, I experienced some nice cold Cali water, pretty Cali sand and beach, and almost drowned two or three times in some awesome Cali waves XD  Beautiful day and beautiful place, though ^ ^

After that, Tiffy's aunt cooked everyone some yummy spaghetti. We all got ready, dressed up nice and stuff with makeup.  Catherine does very extravagant makeup, and she put on fake eyelashes for me ^ ^  They actually stayed on, and I look more Japanese with them.  I just need eyelid tape and circle lenses to get that Japanese doll look now XD  I should dress up as a doll for an anime convention.

she would make a very cute one :D

When we were ready, we headed off for the Westin Bonaventure Hotel.  Rather, we headed for the top of the hotel, which had a revolving cocktail lounge with a lovely view of the city at night.  It reminded me a bit of Reunion Tower, or what it should look like since it's been closed since a couple years ago.  One interesting thing was that only the floor moved, so the light fixtures above seemed to be moving back and forth across the ceiling of their own accord (it was kind of weird at first XD)...  We all got some nice fruity drinks, Tiffy and mine non-alcoholic of course ^ ^ and got to keep the glasses~  Catherine, Tiffy, and I all got little boot glasses, although in retrospect, I should have asked to change to something more representative of the tower (but I hadn't really paid attention to the glass selection until everyone's drinks came ;; ).  Oh well, it's still a nice souvenir ^w^

We also took some pictures of the Walt Disney Concert Hall.  It would be really cool to watch something in there someday~
Tomorrow... mass, Volcano Tea(?), and then Tiffy's grandmother's birthday party~  Should be a fun and long day, so I think we should say good night ^ ^

:) the day went exactly as we planned so I hope you had fun in Cali, Christine! my grandma turned 70 so we held a pool party at my uncle's house.  Lots of food, lots of people and lots of fun :) including karaoke and a game of football tee hee  

No comments:

Post a Comment