Monday, June 7, 2010

A-Kon 21 Day 3: Purchases, Rubix Cubes, and Relaxation

We actually left before 11 today! it was quite an achievement, even if we did cut it close lol

Tiffy and I didn't dress up for the last day of A-Kon, so we made it through a lot more without getting paparazzi'd -- although some guy almost asked me for my picture, because he thought I was ? from ? ... because of my hat?  I dunno.  Tiffy and I wore the hats we got yesterday at the con, and we just wore "normal-ish" clothes, so we were free to look around.

We bought a lot of art posters, some pins, and Tiffy also got some T-shirts and other things for her relatives.  Oh~  I also bought a postcard at h.Naoto so that I could get the guy I took the picture with to sign it XD  (The designer guy from Day 1.)  He was really cool~

lol i think cool is an understatement, Christine.  it was like he sparkled and you were in awe. it was funny :D
one of my best purchases was a new long red wig! i'm excited because i have some new cosplays in mind hehe but noel's guns first :P

At around 1 there was an Inugami autograph signing.  Surprisingly, there weren't that many people (but there usually aren't that many people the last day of cons anyways) in line.  Tiffy and Daniel were in the Dealers' Room for a bit longer while Jordan and I went downstairs to get in line.  We got our badges signed v(^w^)  They were really cool and nice.  I wanted to get this one pretty pin, but it was really expensive for a pin.  The last Inugami member noticed that Jordan had a Rubik's cube, and they were like "Sugoi~" (cool~).

Since there weren't that many people, we decided to go through again (and lied to the guy at the front saying we wanted to look at a pin they had for sale) so Jordan could show off his Rubik's cube skills XD  He had them scramble it, and then I timed him and he solved it in less than 20 seconds~~  It was super cool, and they were all impressed.  It was so awesome~~~ o(>___<)o  The person they had filming the signing was filming him doing it, too.  It was really really cool!

Later Daniel wanted to get stuff signed, too, but then the guy at the front was getting mad at us (me and Jordan) for coming back -___-;;  And unfortunately, apparently the policy is you have to buy something in order to get something signed.  So Daniel didn't end up getting anything signed =\

yeah i felt bad about that :( daniel had stayed with me in the dealers room while i searched for souvenirs for my cousins.  boo but i do want to thank jordan and daniel for putting up with all of christine and my stuff while we were at the convention. you guys were awesome  They were really good about it, too.  Thanks you guys, you are the best! :3

We were pretty much done by then... we went to the 3rd floor to see the art gallery, Tiffy and I took pictures with a random skeleton and some hamburger CD cases, and we went to check out the food court, but the guy wasn't there today QQ...  Daniel went to watch a video game orchestra concert.  He was going to meet up with a friend of his afterwards, so the other three of us just left.

For dinner, we had hot pot and watched Advent Children (our next cosplay -- please look forward to it!).  I also made some tiramisu ^^ which was super yummy btw

Oh yes, about our next cosplay... Tiffy and I (and others, if possible) will be doing Advent Children.
The casting is currently as follows:
Tiffy: Tifa Lockhart
Me: Aerith Gainsborough
Wei: Cloud Striife
Jordan: Zack Fair
Daniel: Kadaj
Ran: Reno

Probably only Tiffy and I will be done, since the guys' are all pretty difficult and involve armor.  We're intending to go to Onicon, so please keep an eye out for future posts about it!

I intend for us to be better than this group! which is really good lol think we can get a rufus, loz and yazoo?

What~  They are so pro.  Good luck to us >__<;;;

All in all, A-Kon was a lot of fun, and I think we did really well for our first time costumes.  Thanks to everyone for a great time and a wonderful first cosplay!!
I agree with Christine :) A-Kon was pretty awesome and I hope that we continue to get better and get more people to cosplay with us! 

No comments:

Post a Comment